Tuesday 22 November 2011

Thought Bubble and Nelson.



THOUGHT BUBBLE 2011
So I ended up at Thought Bubble in Leeds this year. Was my first time and I have to say I enjoyed it xD What I love is the different types of people I am getting to know and the variety of comics that are slowly cropping up at these events. Slowly I am starting to feel more and more part of the comic community. Was much quieter at TB2011 that MCM is which was a nice change and very much refreshing. The after party was very much amusing, someone described it as like being a school disco and I was so shocked at how accurate that description was xD Wasn't a bad thing as once the music started everyone was on that dancefloor dancing away! Was so much fun! I ended up spending the sunday buying stuff and spending most of the day in Leeds itself..... on more comics and hot chocolate. It's such a lovely city.
Here are some pics from TB2011.








NELSON!!!!!!!!
Now this is what I picked up at TB2011. This has been promoted everywhere. BlankSlate's Nelson! For those who do not know NELSON is a graphic novel composed of 52 of the the UK's finest Comickers.




It's such a charming little story and as I was reading it I found myself remembering the events and feeling a lot for the characters. Partly because Nel, the main character spends alot of her adult life in the era I grew up in. Although at points I did find myself feeling old hahahaha 
I have a such a fondness for this book. I think it is due to what I said earlier. Even though I have not sold a comic at Expo or yet can call myself a Pro. Due to meeting new comickers and slowly integrating myself into the Comic society I feel a sort of admiration and proudness of this book. It shows what comics can become and how they can get people together. It's such a beautiful book and I really suggest people read it. 
I am proud to call myself a Comicker when I see stuff like this.
Here is a list of all my fav artwork within the book.

 
SARAH MCINTYRE

 
KATE CHARLESWORTH

 
KATE BROWN

 
ADAM CADWELL

  
WILL MORRIS

 
DUNCAN FEGREDO

 
JOSCELINE FENTON

 
TOM HUMBERSTONE

 
ALICE DUKE

2 comments:

  1. so jealous not being able to go, glad you had a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww deffo should try for next year!!! I really enjoyed every minute of it.

    ReplyDelete