Tuesday 6 March 2012

Hey all!

Well this one won't be as long as the last blog update xD
I recently attempted the D&AD brief, but due to my inability to get things done on time I missed the deadline.

Looking back though, my "style" for the use of a better word really wouldn't fit within what D&AD look for. I've been to the D&AD exhibits a few times now and the level of work and that are so good! I feel really intimidated but it's good because I know what I need to work towards. I don't feel I am there yet but maybe after working a few years as a professional I may try the pro brief xD

At my current level I suppose, I am more suited to the comic book competitions and illustration ones like the Cheltenham awards.

So you lucky people get to see my would be entry.

Here it is.


There are loads of problems with this that I noticed when I finished hahahaha
I always find when you move a piece of artwork into a different context or view it elsewhere you notice things alot more.....
I also experimented with a different way of colouring.

3 comments:

  1. this would be entry looks great though!:O love the coloration n emotion of the characters. awesome work! x//3'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thanks mate!! Just had a look through your blog and I love your work! Great stuff!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete