Friday 20 July 2012

Cover sketch

Wanted to try my hand at doing my own version of a cover illustration that an awesome artist and a good friend of mine did.
You can find his version here: http://markdawes.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/conduit.html

Here's the inks to my version..... I placed the characters within a well known london street. Llama to you if you can guess where xD

This isn't the full image, need to add the colour next. This will be my first proper attempt at colouring a night time scene. 
Had a chat with some people I know and showed them the image that was drawn for me and while its fantastic, it might not be best to use on every book cover as it doesn't show the art style inside.
But I will be using Marks Cover as special edition and print a small run of them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment